After finishing my IndoChina Backpacking, I listed my quick guide for the three countries I visited.
Check out below⬇️⬇️⬇️
2. 🏬🕌Major cities to visit are Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket
3. 🚊Chiang Mai and Phuket are accessible by land travels, overnight buses are available. Also, domestic flights are available (search flight in Skyscanner)
4. 🕍Don’t miss to visit these places in Bangkok – Royal Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Traimit
5. 🛌🛌Accommodation varies from hostels to 5 star hotel. Price range from php500-1500 per night for 3 star hotel. You can grab best deal at Agoda.com
6. 🚆 You can go around Bangkok using MRT or Taxis. Most of the time, tuktuk are overpriced for tourist.
7. 💵Do not worry where to exchange your cash, money changer can easily be found like in Phuket. Airport rates are usually low, better change in the city proper.
8. 🚍 For Chiang Mai, places to see are outside the city and sometime public transport is not easy to book- this time I prefer convenience of booking group tours online (travel hub) or thru hostels.
9. 🏖🏝Island hopping tour operators are plenty in the street of Patong in Phuket – sometime if you’re lucky, you can haggle for their rates. Price range 1500-2500php
2. 🚍Overnight bus are available, most are reclined seat and some are totally flat for more comfortable sleep.
3. 💵US Dollar is widely acceptable
4. 🍻 Visit Pub Street – beers are super cheap.
5. 🚶🏼If you are solo traveler, Angkor wat tour with guides and transport will cost around php2000-2500, so if you can find other solo traveler you can split the cost.
6.🚲You can go around Siem Reap using tuk tuk, 1usd is the usual charge for tourist.
7. 🛌Accommodations are cheap – a good double/twin room will only cost php600-800. Solo traveler can take cheaper dorm type hostel
8.🕴🏼I recommended to have a guide, (or at least your driver have basic information about the complex) to better explore the complex.
9. ⛓ There are plenty shop of silver accessories, just be aware of what is fake and genuine.
10. 🌞2days is enough to visit Angkor Wat.
11. ⭕️ You can make a stop over in Phnom Penh if you are traveling to/from Saigon
1. 🚖Center of Saigon (District 1) is easily accessible by bus or taxi from the airport. Take bus 152 going to ben thanh market, will cost around 1usd. Taxi to D1 should not be more than 10usd
2.🚶🏼💒You can do a walking tour in District 1 to visit their famous landmarks – Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, City Hall. Google Map will be your bestfriend.
3. 💣Visit War Remnant Museum for only Php35
4. 👕👚👜For shopping North Face bags and other branded overruns, go to Saigon Square
5. 🍜🍲🍡Take a stroll in Ben Thanh night market to try Vietnamese cuisine and street food.
6. 🚎 You can do halfday or full day trip to Cu Chi Tunnel. Join Group tours are available in several tour operators along Pham Ngu Lao. 15-20usd per person for group tours.
By the way, you can start either from Thailand or Vietnam from Manila.
Good luck on preparation of your itinerary. Hope I was able to help. 😇