If this will be you first time to travel to Singapore, you can also check my previous post about Singapore Travel Guide – What to Know Before You Travel. I prepared a simple itinerary to see some of the iconic and main tourist attractions of Singapore especially for first time traveler.
Usual arrival from Philippines are between 10am to 12 (Cebu Pacific). Hotel check-in around 2pm
If you cannot check in early, roam around near the hotel and grab some lunch. return to hotel and freshen up.
Take a walking tour around the iconic Merlion Park for photo op. You can take MRT and get off at Raffles Place (Red or Green Line). Other places nearby Merlion Park – The Helix Bridge, Fullerton Hotel, over view of Marina Bay Sands.
If you already got photos for your Instagram feed, head out to night market of Chinatown for some souvenir shopping and dinner. From Raffles Place Green Line, get off at Outram Park Station and transfer to Violet Line going to Chinatown Station.
- Download Singapore Travel Guide with Maps – helpful when doing walking tours not only with maps but useful information also about some of city’s top attractions.
By 9am, visit Sentosa Island. Access to Sentosa Island is via Harbour Front Station of Violet line. If you still haven’t eaten your breakfast, plenty of options are available in Vivo City/ Harbour Front Center food court. From MRT station, Monorail (SGD4.00) and Sentosa Cable Car Skypass are available option.
Sentosa Island offers plenty of activities and attractions. Don’t miss to try these free attractions and activities
- Take selfies with the Merlion – at night it will have light display.
- Have a look at Animal & Birds Encounter – dozens of lories, parrots, and cockatoos put up a daily show
- Explore Sentosa beaches – Siloso, Palawan and Tanjong beach
- Visit Sentosa Naure Discovery – interactive exhibits on wildlife and their habitats.
- Be on top of the world at the Fort Siloso Skywalk
- Go back in the history of Fort Siloso – free guided tours are available in some of the days.
There are also paid attractions and activities. You can purchase attraction tickets ahead of time online or book it in Vivo City Monorail station. They have combo passes for their attractions and activities, you can choose from Play 3, Play 5 or Play Max
- 4D shows
- Indoor Skydiving
- Luge and Skyride
- Madame Tussauds
- S.E.A Aquarium
After having fun in Sentosa Island, visit the futuristic Gardens by the Bay. From Harbour Front Station, go to Outram Park station and transfer to Green Line going to Tanjong Pagar Stn. Take Exit C and head towards Bus stop 03223 along Anson Road. Hop onto Bus No. 400 and alight at bus stop 03371 along Marina Gardens Drive. No entrance fee around the grounds of the garden unless you will enter the Dome (indoor garden display)
If you still have the energy, walk to Marina Bay Sands, access is through Dragon Fly Bridge. From Marina Bay Sands, bayfront MRT station is accessible for your way to hotel. However, if you already feel tired, just go back to the Bus Station No. 03371.
- Visit Gardens by the Before just before sunset for you to be able to see the garden during daylight and then be mesmerize by the lights decorating the grounds at night
- Buy Sentosa FUN Pass to experience some of their activities based on your preference
Early check out. If your flight will be around late afternoon or evening, you still have enough time to do either one of the following
- Have a look in Little India to have a taste of their culture
- Take a stroll along Orchard Road
- Visit Lucky Plaza or Mustafa Center for pasalubong (gift) shopping.
Day 4 (optional additional itinerary)
If you have extra day to spare, below are some of your choices of activities
- Purchase you attraction ticket in Klook. Tested legit at discounted price. Just click directly from the text links around this post.
Yes, I know most of us is always worried how much will it cost for our itinerary and if it will be within our budget. I tabulated below the basic expenses when visiting Singapore based on the above itinerary of a solo traveler.
|Airfare (promo fare)||Php 5000.00|
|Philippines Travel Tax||Php 1620.00|
|Accomodation, 2nights||Php 1500.00|
|Singapore Tourist Pass||Php 750.00|
|Sentosa Monorail Ticket||Php 150.00|
|Food Expeses, 500per day||Php 1500.00|
|Sentosa Fun Pass (optional)||(Php 1750.00)|
Total of Php 10,520.00 without Sentosa Pass
1. Airfare is estimated based on Ceb Pac ave promo fare for MNL-SG-MNL. But if your lucky, you might be able to book flight for less than 5k.
2. Accomodation is based on dorm type hostel. For couple or group of 3, just allot around Php 1500-2000 per night.
3. Food expenses from breakfast to dinner, ave meal in McDonalds is 150.00 and rice meal is Php200.00. You can change based on your appetite 😜.
For my readers outside Philippines, exchange rate of Philppine Peso to USD is
1USD ~ Php 50
Enjoy planning your Singapore itinerary. I hope somehow this post helps you.