How did I apply for my Japan Tourist Visa here in Bahrain.
For our Kabayans in the Middle East like me, hope this guide can help you if you are planning to visit Japan. Always visit the official website of Japan Embassy in you residence country for the complete list of requirements for visa application. If you’re from Bahrain you can check the link below https://www.bh.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visttingjapan.html
Prepare documents requires as listed below, this is the docs that I have submitted.
- APPLICATION FORM filled properly
- Passport size photo
- Passport and its copy
- Copies of RESIDENCE PERMIT (Iqama, CPR, UAE National ID)
- Original Certificate of Employment with Compensation – make sure to have the following details (1) Name (2) Position (3) Salary (4) Contract Period
In addition with the above primary requirements, i also prepare the following
- Hotel Booking (reservation details, address, telephone number). For best rates accommodation, search here
- Flight Booking – i usually use Skyscanner in checking out the cheapest flights.
- Travel Plan (dates and places of visit) – there is a official form to be use for this, download here
- 6 Months Bank Statement (until end of the month prior to the application)
Once completed all the documents required, visit the consular office or Japan Embassy near you and submit your application.
Normal visa processing takes about 3-5 working days. The consul officer usually tells you when you can go back to pick up your passport
The approval of your application now depends on the consul, a little prayer would help.
For us Filipino, visa fee in Japan is waived up to 30days of stay.
I think that tourist visa application like in Japan makes it easier for us living and working here in the Middle east compared in the Philippines. I believed that somehow, the consul have assurance that we will not be overstaying in their country as we are binded with our work and contracts in our country of residence. But I am not saying that it is 100% sure that you will get approve if you are an OFW. And compare in the Philippines, we do not need to go through travel agencies for visa application.
Hope this post helps. Happy travels everyone!! You can also check my guide on how to apply Schengen Visa in my previous post